Five reasons to lease the new Land Rover Defender
Land Rover is processing thousands of UK enquiries for its New Defender, announced at the Frankfurt motor show earlier this month.
So far, Land Rover has said the New Defender 90 commercial has an indicative price of £35,000 (plus VAT), three-door 90 bodystyle indicative price from £40,000 and five-door 110 starting at £45,240 in the UK.
• The first order on-line was just 36 mins after its Frankfurt reveal and it was a New Defender 110 First Edition with optional spill-resistant dog bowl.
• There have been over 1.2 million visits to its dedicated website since it was shown and enthusiasts have put in 750,000 configurations of New Defender online, that’s ten times more than any other launch.
• There have also been over 40million video views in a mixture of Land Rover content and editorial reviews.
So what do you get with the new Land Rover Defender?
The new rugged off-roader continues the tradition of the famous model from Land Rover and here's our quick guide to what you get:
1. A serious SUV in UK showrooms next year bristling with the latest technology.
2. Three and five-door body styles with a choice of the latest petrol or diesel engines and a plug-in hybrid system to come.
3. Permanent 4WD with a twin-speed automatic transmission.
4. 90cms wading depth, a towing capacity up to 3,720kg and up to 300kg can be carried on its roof.
5. In addition to coil springs or air suspension the New Land Rover Defender will offer a sophisticated “see through the floor” camera and sensor system to show the driver what’s underneath the vehicle to avoid dangerous obstacles or select the best traction modes.